Monday, March 10, 2008

Mission Trip

Hello all!

A group of our youth kids have gone to Mexico on a mission trip. I am praying that they make a difference in the lives of the people there and I was wondering if you would too! I LOVE those trips but was sadly unable to go this time. I have been to three in the past, though and I just love how they always seem to give me a wakeup call about something as well as give people two things that they need: The Gosple and a roof over their heads. It is sooooo sad to see what they are living in, but also so cool to see how happy they are despite that. I think that it is almost a good thing to know what it is like to have nothing. It can really shape your character for better or for worse.
There was this little boy on our last trip that we went on that had a little growth on his cheek. It could be easily removed here but they do not have the money to send him. I ask for prayer that they could somehow do that.
Also, there is a 16 or so year old girl who is now going to have a baby. That in itself is sad, but now she is saying that she will try to go across the boarder to have it. I ask that you pray that she will do what God would want her to do even though she may be going against Him. That stuff makes me soooooo sad!

6 comments:

Camden said...

I was just reading your post (s) below, and I was wondering what confusledwarfed meant.

~Elliot

P.S. I'll be praying for those people in Mexico!

Sapphira Adi said...

I'll be praying for the people in Mexico, too! Like Elliot (hi!) said, what does confusedwarfed mean?

Sapphira

Ian said...

I want to go on a missions trip some day. I really think I need to see things like that, so that my eyes will be more open to the world, rather than blind like our society seems to want here in North America.

:)Ian(:

Araken said...

I've been to Sao Paulo, Brazil. 20 million people. It was incredible.

Say, what does confusledwarfed mean, anyway? =)

saved monster said...

You're not answering the confusledwarfed question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does it mean??????????

Argh. Swash-buckle-buckle. :)
Random, I know.

IdinaTook said...

SORRY! I've not been on in a while! Confuzzeldwarfed is just my silly word for VERY confused.