Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Morals

Hey you all know how it feels when you're talking to someone online, and your mom is standing right behind you, reading every word that appears on the screen. Then, of course the person swears or talks about how much you love your crush or something stupid. Your mom reads it and tells you to get off line that instant and not talk to that person anymore.. Well, What can we do about that? To solve this problem, now we have started the 'code 9' system. In code 9, you simply press the number ''9'' when your parent or sibling are watching over your shoulder as you type. The person you're talking to will know what your talking about, and begin a conversation on homework or something. When your parent or sibling leaves, press ''99'' to let the person know that they are gone, so you can begin a normal conversation again. Please send this to everyone you know so that Code 9 can begin to go into effect. PLEASE: Copy and paste it to other people, DO NOT forward it!

-This is an email that my friend sent. I totally disagree with this, although I didn't say that to her. We should not have to hide what we say in chat, facebook, or other conversations because we should not be saying anything that 'needs' to be hidden.
What are ya'lls thoughts? =D

God Bless and Never Alone!
Idina

3 comments:

Judi said...

Well..here are my thoughts..

#1: I don't have this problem because my parents aren't nosey. If my mom wants to read something she'll ask me if she can look over my shoulder. The problem we have today is not a lot of teens trust their parents and not a lot of parents trust their teens.

#2: I thought this was a pretty good code idea.

#3: It's not the end of the world if a parent reads what you're writing. And it won't be the end of the world if you hide a conversation about your crush. (Family members can say humiliating things.)
-Judi

Jacob R Parker said...

I definitely agree with you, Idina. Coming up with a code to counteract parents' efforts is a direct violation of their will, an act of disobedience. My advice to someone tempted to use the "9" code would be to keep your conversations clean regardless of who's watching. :)

IdinaTook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.